Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

A year

A year ago today, I was working as a dishwasher of a great restaurant, in a small town in NE Iowa.  Well, this particular morning, I was in another zone. Then....my cell phone rang and it was my main squeeze, my Big Red, my baby daddy.  ;)  LOL  He makes me giddy.  Anyway, I answered the phone, trying to not sound anxious, but cool - like everything was normal.  There was a big sigh and then I heard, "I'm calling to tell you, we are moving to Independence."  He was in his office, across the street from the restaurant where I was standing.  By this time, I had moved to the front of the restaurant - it wasn't lunch time yet, so there were no customers yet.  Then, I heard, "I see you."  Our souls were touching through walls, windows and across a street.  We were psyched and terrified at the same time.

Honey - today, I am thinking of how brave you are.  You led our family into the unknown and we are better off for it, in too many ways for me to broadcast, in a blog.  Everything was "comfortable" in Monona.  I am humbled that our lives really are an adventure, intertwined together, to mesh as one, and you saw the importance of taking a huge risk.  I love it.  We are one and I love US!  Thank you for learning a new community, new bosses, new employees, new streets, new policies, new budgets.. but also thank you for realizing new dreams, visions, goals, the needs and wants of awesome people, in our new town. 

YOU are my favorite person on the planet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment