Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How I'm feeling...

I went from euphoric last Friday morning to bogged down by Sunday evening. We had a magical day at Adventureland with Jacob. Truly, the best day I've ever had, as our own little family. Jacob is at such a great age to have fun with - because his activities aren't limited to only what is fun to him. Just think, we're starting all over again! LOL 
For the most part, I feel good. I am waning, in the energy department. Two long, active, albeit great weekends, in a row, is just too much for this preggo woman. I don't like that it takes 3 days to recover on sleep. I am also finding that I cry at the drop of a hat because I'm not sleeping well and I don't want to keep the energy and discipline factor up with Jacob. I'm tired and he knows it. The past 2 days, I feel like the worst mommy in the world. I haven't been outside with him. I've been working on my Mary Kay business and let him watch tv all afternoon yesterday. :( I am trying to get ready for a garage sale, and there are rooms in my house that are a complete disheveled mess as I prepare for it. This weekend, will be furniture rearranging time, as well as, yardwork time. I don't like that everywhere I look is stuff that needs to be done that I can't really do by myself. It drains me. I like order. I am very grateful Jacob is as old as he is during this pregnancy. I can't imagine how much more of a failure I'd feel like with a toddler while I'm pregnant. I admire my many friends who dealt with that scenario while pregnant.
On an up note - Almond Joy creamer from International Delight is a.....delight! I have 2 cups of coffee each day. Tomorrow, I may wait for them til the afternoon, so I may enjoy an iced coffee with the Almond Joy creamer. This weekend is our Fourth of July festivities in Independence! Looking forward to seeing and interacting with people and celebrating our country's birthday.
As for me, I told hubby yesterday, I'm now at the point, in this pregnancy that I'm not going to do anything I don't feel like doing. This pertains to things on the calendar that will divert my energy from where it needs to be to get things ready for Sweet Pea's arrival. Cuz once he gets here, Old Man Winter will be breathing on our necks. Hubby told me I've earned it. What a guy, what a guy!

2 comments:

  1. Beth: I remember the days of wondering where I could turn in my mommy permit because I felt I was doing such a horrible job! Hang in there Jacob is more resilient than you think and you'll get through this. I am listening to your blog music, "where does my help come from, it comes from the Lord" he loves it when we turn to him an acknowledge our need of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scripture is one I've meditated on many times the past 9 months. Thank you for the reminder. Hearing scripture is something that is serious soul food. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete