Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Frosting

I'm awake early this morning. We are leaving for, what I call, mini vacation. :) We do these 2 or 3 times a year and they're so nice. It's the frosting on the cake of life to get away and experience something for the first time through the eyes of our Boy Wonder. Today, it will be an amusement park.  Speaking of frosting, I want to share a new frosting recipe I used for my mother-in-law's retirement party cake. It got rave reviews! I am tickled since I'm not a fan of buttercream and really wanted something lighter for frosting. For me, the kicker to ultimate flavor, is to use Watkins Vanilla, when vanilla is called for. This recipe is great for decorating, piping, borders. It really stood the test of time last weekend. I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com . Like I said, I use Watkins Vanilla.

Whipped Cream Frosting
Ingredients
  • 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 cups heavy cream

Directions

  1. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit the mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream. Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak.               

I hope you have a wonderful, end of June, weekend! Next weekend we celebrate the birthday of our country! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment