Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hold on to your butts....

I have been sitting down, intending to blog for the past week, and feel like I have nothing of interest to share.  Therefore, I'll share some cool highlights from my week. 

*The mayor told me I look like a teeny-bopper.  Ten years ago, this comment would have bugged me.  Now?  I think it's awesome and I hope I get that kind of comment in another 10 years!  I told him it was Mary Kay products.  ;) 
*I attended a grant-writing workshop.  It was a 2 day event, hosted by our Iowa State extension office.  Our extension person received a grant to do this training.  Therefore, there was no cost to attendees.  !!!!!  It was quite informative.  I am digesting the information and trying to focus on one vision, instead of 17 different ones for a businesses, programs, school, community and trails.  I left feeling empowered.  It's been a long time, since I was in a classroom setting.  I was befuddled by the battle, in my mind. Surprise, surprise - my answers to questions were not in agreement with the general population of the classroom, when we would be asked to stand for one of two answers.  Know what?  I was right approximately 90% of the time.  I learned a lot, and it was an excellent confidence builder, for me.  I'm a SAHM.  I do not have a college education. I am still pretty smart.  It was good to be challenged and to feel like I "passed".  Of course, now, it's time to put my new knowledge to practice.  I'll keep you posted. 
*Jacob told me that I'm a "good mommy". 
*I got to watch the Oscars. 
*We have a family that is going to rent the house in Monona. !!!!  They are willing to rent-to-own.  This process will take a year and we are hoping this will work greatly for them and us! 
*We're on a countdown until tomorrow afternoon, when Daddy starts vacation time!  T-30 hours and 10 minutes.  Booyah!

Enthralling, isn't it?  :) Did ya hold on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment