Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Food and Fuel for Thought...

The past 3 weeks, my diet has changed completely. Monday, was a day I wanted to bake a treat for Jacob’s “un-birthday” at school, since he has a summer birthday. Jacob requested demanded Monster Cookie Bars. I pinned the recipe from Pinterest. Here’s the website: http://domesticatedduchess.blogspot.com/2011/08/monster-cookie-bars.html

They are SO delicious! I love monster cookies. It’s really nice to make the bars because they’re quicker and oh-so-yummy-gooey! I was hoping there would be some leftover from school at the end of the day. Sure enough, there was. I had 3 over the course of that evening. I haven’t been eating sugar like that. I’m not saying I haven’t had any….but I’ve really not had added sugar except for the brownies I blogged about last week. All I am going to say is my digestive track didn’t do well. Two days later, I’m still recovering. While, I am bummed that it seems I can no longer do shuga….I’ve been thinking about what I have been doing. I’ve been learning about fueling my body properly. I also haven’t eaten much meat. I’ve had a little chicken breast and fish. But last night I had hamburger. I don’t think that did so well with me either. I’ve been eating veggies, salads, eggs, beans, nuts, and juicing. I drink an occasional coffee, and drink water and almond milk. I’ve eliminated pain! I did what I set out to accomplish! NO pain! I had nagging pain on Friday, but since then, none of that sluggish, achy, shooting pain and inflammation through my joints and limbs. In fact, I took a pain pill Saturday evening, then not another until Sunday evening and not another since!

I have had so much more energy and clarity of thought. It’s been wonderful. I’m playing on the floor with My Darling again. Last night, Boy Wonder and I played Monopoly on the floor. The only soreness I’ve been feeling is from planting my garden and the one walk I took last week for 2 miles. I am 4lbs. from my pre-Bennett weight. Although, until I get my serious exercise on, my jeans still fit strangely….baby-related.

My next post will be about our garden. I’m so excited and hope it will be a success. My passion for fueling our bodies properly, leads me to ask, “Do you love yourself enough to give your body what it needs to function according to it’s truly amazing design and so your soul can flourish and be the driving force in your daily life?” We are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Love & Grace,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment