Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Answers

You know, I feel great. Physically, I'm a little haggard from the recent humidity hell and insomnia I've been dealing with. Give me pain over heartache any day. I may bitch and moan about it but when I have my mental and emotional and spiritual levels where they should be - ALL is A-OK. :D
We are quickly motoring towards the first day of Kindergarten for Jacob. We registered this week and it was a great experience. I had been worrying quite a bit. Jacob is ready for kindergarten intellectually. I was a little worried about emotionally. However, considering that I've had the privilege to stay at home with him except for 21 months of his life, I decided to cut myself and him a break. In the past 2 weeks, Jacob is making great strides to being ready for kindergarten. We are preparing him that it will be scary....at first. Daddy and Mama always want him and won't be able to wait to see him every day when he's finished. Since his birthday party, he has become a seriously rambunctious 5 year old. He's bounding around everywhere getting owies and twisted ankles or wrists and bumps on the head. He attended a few days of VBS at the church, he attended preschool to "throw him in the pond and make him swim". Oh and to learn about Jesus. He loves talking about Jesus. He will play the VBS music and turn it off and start preaching. Hmmmmm...kinda reminds me of someone. My Granma used to be the janitor at her church. While she'd clean the sanctuary, I'd get up in the pulpit and start giving sermons. I was very good - Granma said so. Of course my siblings wanted to punch my lights out..but...what are ya to do with the firstborn? That's right - you suck it up and take it. ;) We are thrilled with the teacher Jacob will have for kindergarten. I've heard ALL the teachers are wonderful in kindergarten, but I was praying for this one because Jacob does require some familiarity. It was one of those experiences that I was fretting but when I kept hearing from gads of locals that all the Kindergarten teachers were great, I decided to trust God to put Jacob right where he needed to be. I really enjoy when my idea of what is best, lines up with God's. School registration was also gratifying because a year ago, I basically knew NO ONE. This year, I knew all kinds of people and met even more. Yay for socialization! I'm gonna gain so many new friends, as my kid does. I am so ready.
My last post was about grief. It comes and goes in waves. This post, as I sit and write, I feel  a lot of hope. For the readers that are grieving, feel the loss and move on, at it's pace. It really is like a body of water. The wind and the moon, the tilt of the earth keep it moving. I have found when I allow myself to experience it - not drown in it - it always recedes and the sun comes out again and the water is calm. It's temporary and the rising storms are less and less - but cherish the grief too. God gives beauty for ashes, joy for sorrow and hope for mourning. Don't be afraid of it. My friends that imparted encouragement and support...again...I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment