Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cranberry Cheesecake Bars

Ok, so I should not be sitting down to type out this recipe and post it on my blog. Right now, I should be drying my very damp hair and applying my Mary Kay face before I go out in public to retrieve my firstborn at school. However, Bennett is down for a nap again and I just satisfied my sweet tooth with a yummy treat I made the other evening and I must share it with you.

It's out of The Taste of Home Cookbook, called:

 Cranberry Cheesecake Bars.

  • 36 Servings
  • Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
  •             
    30 45                Ingredients
    • 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
    • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
    • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup butter, melted
    • 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
    • 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
    • 4 egg whites
    • 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
    • 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch

    Directions

    • In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Press 2-1/2 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
    • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, egg whites, vanilla and remaining flour. Spoon over prepared crust. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
    • Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen

    Here is an updated picture of my darling boys.


    Bennett will be 8 weeks old on Saturday. The time is going so fast. I am still struggling with milk production. Or at least, I think I am because he's still having to eat every 2 hours and sometimes sooner than that - when I pump, I can't get an ounce.  Monday, I weighed him and he's 11lbs. 2oz. So, that is good. I'm taking Fenugreek and also drinking Mother's Milk tea. He pees and poops regularly...but sometimes, it's a little exhausting to have to feed him so often. Any advice? I am paranoid about drying up. That happened with Jacob. Nice how I slipped this irrelevant subject from title of post, eh?

    2 comments:

    1. Bennett is so beautiful. Advice for milk production: Make sure you are drinking a lot and getting your extra 500 calories a day or your body will be too worn out to make more milk. And stop stressing about it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you Shannon! Please forgive me for not responding sooner...I've taken all your advice and I'm producing enough. I've even stopped taking fenugreek and it still seems to be going well. However, I think I may get some more fenugreek just to be sure. His feedings aren't as often as they were. Some days he was needing to eat every hour. But the past 5 days, he is definitely giving me 2 1/2 to 3 hour breaks. And it's 2 nights in a row that he's slept 5 hours before needing to eat. Unfortunately, I am waking up sooner than that to grab a bite. BTW - the advice I took of yours was to quit stressing. I've gained weight and I always drink A LOT...but the stressing went away when I saw that I'll have to cornstarch his wrists because he's getting a little roll. ;)

      ReplyDelete